IAQ and INFILTRATION:
Indoor air quality is one of the most overlooked areas. Humidity not only prevents dry sinus,dried out woodwork but also your thermostat will not call for heat as much. This is due to having moisture in the air, this retains heat better then dry air.
A good furnace filter will filter particulates,dander but for smells,viral,bacteria or mold you will need an air purifier.
Infiltration is common in older homes that have are poorly insulated, loose or leaky (outside air entering home). Thermal camera will show areas that are poorly insulated or have air leakage. Thermal cameras are also good for homes with boiler heat that are having problems in their piping.
APRIL AIRE 600 BYPASS HUMIDIFIER:
- Most popular humidifier.
- Includes manual humidistat
- Flow thru pad, has coating on pad to slow down water for air stream to wick moisture off pad.
- Change pad every heating season
APRIL AIRE 800 STEAM HUMIDIFIER:
- Boils off water to create steam in a quart sized canister.
- Includes digital humidistat or wired into thermostat with humidity control.
- Guaranteed to give humidity even on coldest day, using very little water compared to conventional humidifiers.